Sunday 16 March 2014

2nd Sunday of Lent, Year A

What we sang 

  • Entrance:   How Great Thou Art - Stuart Hine
  • Psalm:       Not sung
  • Offertory:  My God Accept my Heart this Day - Bridges
  • Communion:   Céad Míle Fáilte Romhat
  • Sending:          As I Kneel Before You

On holiday from the regular parish this Sunday - they'll get my company tomorrow for St Patrick's day instead.    So went to an inner city church.   Thoughtful sermon about looking for truth vs looking for love, which was linked back to the day's scripture.    I couldn't see any links in the hymns though.   But people have started singing, which is a big step up since I was last there a couple of years back.

What I'd like to have sung:

Shine Jesus Shine.    Well maybe not exactly liked - it's a bit too charismatic for my tastes.   But this is the one day when it's such a fantastic fit for the readings that it seems almost compulsory.

The psalm:  there's a Frank Andersen (I think) setting of "May your love be upon us O Lord as we place our hope in You" lodged in my mind.    Can't find the music for it, but it's what I wanted to sing this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment