Sunday 23 March 2014

3rd Sunday of Lent, Year A

What we sang 

  • Entrance: How Great Thou Art
  • Psalm: we didn't
  • Offertory: I Will Give You Living Water - Maddec
  • Communion: Only a Shadow
  • Sending: Our God Reigns

What I'd like to have sung:

There's a setting of today's psalm "O that today you would listen to his voice, harden not your hearts" in my head, and looking at the files on my computer I see that I've never been able to find out where it came from. But there are verses, the first one starts "Let us sing for joy to the Lord, let us hail the God who is our saviour;". Mmm, must search more on this.

Also, I was remembering Frank Andersen's "Come to the Water" - although it's only somewhat related.

And there must be some hymns about of Moses striking the rock at Horeb - it's such a good story that I'm sure some hymn-writers have worked with it.

The overall tone was a little more cheerful and not as Lent-ish as I would have liked, but we're likely to head that way next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment